10 - 12 ripe tomatoes
1.25 lbs (670 gr.) ground beef
5-6 oz. rice (140-170 gr.) rice
2 med. Chopped onions
10-12 oz. tomato sauce
salt and pepper
touch of m
table spoon of chopped parsley
4-5 oz (120-150 gr.) olive oil.
1. Wash tomatoes and slice the stem side off
and save to cover each tomato for baking.
2. Scoop most of the pulp out and chop it.
3. Sauté the onions with olive oil until almost brown.
4. Add ground beef and sauté for about 10-12 minutes by stirring
5. Transfer the sautéed onions and ground beef into a cooking
6. Add the chopped tomato pulp, parsley, mint, salt, pepper and
about one cup of water.
7. Allow to cook for about one hour.
8. Add the rice and continue cooking for about 10
9. Fill tomatoes with the boiled mixture and place in a baking dish.
10. Add some tomato sauce or juice in pan.
11. Cover each tomato with the sliced top of each tomato.
12. Bake in about 325o F for about one hour.
13. Remove and serve.
1. Wash the chicken well and place it
in a pot to boil.
2. Cover the chicken with water and add two more cups.
3. Allow chicken to start boiling.
4. With a serving spoon remove and discard the froth.
5. Add desired salt and pepper and continue cooking until tender
and the meat is separated from the bones.
6. While chicken is boiling, squeeze 2-3 lemons and strain the juice.
break 5 eggs and separate the yoks from the white.
7. Remove the chicken and strain the broth in the pot.
8. Once the broth begins to boil add about 3-4 oz. rice.
9. In approximately 20-25 minutes the rice should be done (do not
10. Remove from heat.
11. Place the egg whites a mixing bowl and mix in medium to high
12. Add the lemon juice and yoks into egg white and mix for one
13. Slowly add broth a spoonful at a time (about 5-6 spoonfuls)
to eggs while mixing in medium speed.
14. Add the lemon juice and egg mixture into broth and rice stirring
constantly until the temperature is equalized.
Now the soup is ready to serve.
Chicken may be added to soup if desired.
More lemon juice may be added if desired.
1. In a large bowl
place about 5-6 oz. of mixed green lettuce.
2. Add 2-3 tablespoons of chopped onions.
3. Add a few slices of seedless cucumber.
4. Add 3-4 freshly chopped tomatoes.
5. Mix the contents of the bowl thoroughly but lightly.
6. Add 2-3 oz. of Yiayia's Premium Greek Salad Dressing.
7. Mix with spatula or spoon until ingredients are well moist.
8. Place salad in individual bowls.
9. Top each bowl by adding crumbles of feta cheese, Calamata
olives, pepperoncini peppers and rings of red onions.
Serves 5-6 people
2 lbs lean ground beef
2 onions grated
1½ to 2 teaspoons salt
pepper to taste
8 to 10 slices of bread
½ to ¾ cup water
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 teaspoons chopped parsley
¼ teaspoon mint
½ teaspoon oregano
Soak bread in water and squeeze out excess water. Combine all ingredients. Shape in small balls or large flat cakes. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes turning for even color.
Meatballs may be fried with or without light flouring using oil (preferably olive oil) in a frying pan at about 350 to 375 degrees.